Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Christmas Card tips & Which card style is your favorite?

Do you subscribe to my newsletter?  A couple of weeks ago, I provided these tips there, so I thought I'd share them here as well in case anyone missed the message.

Christmas!

It is the 30th of September! -a little less than 3 months until Christmas. Now, is the perfect time to imagine your Christmas cards to allow plenty of time for whatever type of creation you'd like. Ordering early, planning well, cutting cleverly and using mass production techniques can save both time and money.  Deciding if you prefer to stamp, heat emboss or color (and with which tools) can make a big difference in craft time required.

Postage considerations: 

Being sure that your card design is (or designs are) flat enough to mail for only 55 cents rather than the non-machinable upcharge (for square or thick cards) to 70 cents, can save money when you are sending a group of cards.  Or choose to spend that extra money for an amazing card--your planning is key to avoiding surprises at the Post Office in December.

Keeping cards quick and at 55 cent weight and thickness are things I do for Stamp A Stack cards. You are welcome to let me do the design work for you and attend a stamp a stack or two in October or November if you'd rather as well.

Do you prefer:

  • to color in the lines or stamp in color?
  • whimsical or formal?  
  • old-fashioned or modern?   
  • to use a die cutting machine in front of the TV or employ a punch or two? 
  • Simple or Technique-heavy cards? 

Luckily, Stampin' Up! has something for everyone! I'll be showcasing all of these in the upcoming month or so in preparation for Christmas, so I hope you'll follow on Facebook so you don't miss anything!

I'm happy to help if you have design questions or need a sounding board. Place an order today to get started (and finished) early!

Thanks for hopping by and reading!



Receive my weekly customer newsletter:
Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!
Tempting sale items:
Free Tutorials:
Join My Team:

No comments: