Saturday, March 16, 2019

Painted Seasons Part of my Story Woodland Weaving

In the second of the posts I am making about One Sheet Wonders, I used the bottom right quadrant to create this card using the Woodland/Mushrooms/Autumn pattern from the Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper.  This four rectangle design is on a piece of 5" X 3-3/4" Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  The little mushrooms are adorable to me.

I included this second picture because the rectangles will always look better/neater/more symmetrical on the larger 5-1/4" X 4" layer shown below, but I felt I needed the Crumb Cake layer above to make the card less loud and reduce the clash between Pumpkin Pie and Poppy Parade.

This close-up shows that I used the Poppy Parade marker to highlight "you" amidst the Crumb Cake sentiment.  Then the Story Label Punch adds interest on top of a Poppy Parade Oval.  The Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie markers were used to make a gradient on the leaves stamp and dies at the top right and bottom left.  Old Olive and Crumb Cake Linen Thread was used to create a design under the sentiment layer. I like the idea of "weaving" the thread into the story.

Be sure and check back on Tuesday for the next One Sheet Wonder card due to Simple Sunday and More Monday.

Product List


Thanks for hopping by and reading!



Receive my weekly customer newsletter:

Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!

Tempting sale items:

Free Tutorials:

Join My Team:

No comments: