Monday, February 24, 2020

Sale-A-Bration Set Happy Birthday to You 3 Color Combos

This set is so fun to color that I did three color combinations using some I found on Pinterest. Of course, Pinterest is helpful if you just want to CASE (copy and share everything) a card, but it is helpful for card sketches and color ideas too. Do you follow my boards? https://www.pinterest.com/rhondag508/boards/ 

I shared these cards first in my newsletter last Friday. If you'd like to receive it, and the pop up form didn't work for you, click here for the double opt in:

On this first card, I used another Sale-A-Bration choice with the Happy Birthday to You set. The embossing folder is part of the Power of Hope bundle Sale-A-Bration choice and is called Stone 3D.

With the "celebrate" sentiment, this color combination could work for other events, like a promotion or wedding. I colored Basic Rhinestone Jewels with a Rococo Rose Blend for a smattering of sparkle.


This is the color inspiration I used for this card although I lightened the green considerably and used a bit different brown.

For this card I colored the basic rhinestones with a Crumb Cake Blend and added the 5/8 inch Woven Threads trim for the focus of the card.


Even within a color combo, a stamper can pick and choose her favorite colors. I chose just Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie (lightened for this card) and Whisper White from these pretty possibilities.


The layout of this card is similar to the Purple Posy one I made earlier, but I just added some polka dot ribbon which picks up the dots in the pretty 2nd release So Very Vellum. The Country Floral 3D embossing folder added extra charm. If you really like a color combination or card sketch, it can be fun to use it more than once.


Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie and Balmy Blue look fresh and fun. This color combination would be great for a variety of card types too. (Kid, floral or masculine would all be nice I think.)

Product List

Thanks for hopping by and reading!


Receive my weekly customer newsletter:
Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!
Tempting sale items:
Free Tutorials:
Join My Team:

No comments: