Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Peaceful Poppies Elements and Designer Series Paper Card

A simple card for you today with the Poppies Elements and Designer Series Paper.  It would be an easy card for the Dutch Door style too, but I thought of that after I finished the card! That happens sometimes! (Here's a link to a Dutch Door design from Christmas if you'd like to see what I'm talking about: https://thestampinbunny.blogspot.com/2019/12/simple-dutch-door-fun-fold-christmas.html ) It would probably be better on this card to make the top of the "door" swing outward though.

I love the soft blue with the Poppy Parade red in this pattern of the paper.  Paired with the stripes, the vibrant colors are so pretty to me.

The So Sentimental Stamp Set and matching Stitched So Sweetly dies (or So Sentimental Bundle) are a ton of fun to use. The dies have fun shapes in 4 different sizes plus scalloped rectangles in 6 different sizes.  I like the look of layering them as shown here, but they are great with a regular stitched rectangle layered on them as well.

The focal image is almost just an embellishment. I used a pre-colored poppy die cut with the matching vellum on top of it. I colored the vellum using Light Poppy Parade, Dark Old Olive and Dark Basic Black Blends and placed it on top of the die cut using a couple of glue dots rolled to a small size.

Quick and definitely different from my usual. These Poppies elements are a lot of fun!





Product List
<!--------  TAMS End  ----------

Thanks for hopping by and reading!


Receive my weekly customer newsletter:
Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!
Tempting sale items:
Free Tutorials:
Join My Team:

No comments: