Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Grace's Garden Arch Card

I was going for a more quaint look than the archway through a stone/brick wall in the Jan-June Mini Catalog example on page 13. I like the example, but I wanted it to appear more homey. I probably need to lighten the sky a bit, but the sunshine on a picket fence is more my style.

Layered flowers create a generous and full garden look and the pair of bluebirds on the gate add interest as the sun peeks around the sweet rose arbor.  I choose to color two colors of hollyhocks on the right (Light Highland Heather and Light Lovely Lipstick) and colored the small daisies as brown-eyed susans, the larger daisy shapes as Purple Coneflower and the spiky flowers on the left as lupines.



Here is a picture of the card standing which I think shows more depth. To create the stand alone look of the arbor, I used a foam adhesive strip (Annual catalog page 183) under the arbor.


Product List


Thanks for hopping by and reading!


Receive my weekly customer newsletter:
Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!
Tempting sale items:
Free Tutorials:
Join My Team:

1 comment:

sink dish washing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.