Thursday, February 11, 2021

A Touch of Ink Stamp Set Fancy / Fun Fold Cards


The A Touch of Ink stamp set is a Sale-A-Bration Level 2 choice and has a variety of 2 step stamps with it. I also used the Heal your Heart Sale-A-Bration Level 1 choice for the Sympathy and Thank You cards.

For these cards I wanted to show one Fun Fold done in 3 different ways while keeping the lines clean.  I wanted it to not be truly clean and simple, so I added a few layers, but I do occasionally enjoy a clean look like these.

Just score an 8-1/2 inch by 5-1/2 inch piece of cardstock at 4-1/4 and 2-1/8 to create 3 cards that are the same and yet slightly different based on the direction of the folds or how the card is embellished.

This card is a Z fold style in which the 2-1/8 inch fold is folded back away from the center. The fold adds a little interest without being showy which I think is important for a sympathy card.

The soft Petal Pink and Mossy Meadow makes for a soothing organic color scheme.



I wanted this card to be a bit showy, so I changed the green to the brighter Old Olive.  The 2-1/8 inch score is folded forward so that it can be placed along the sentiment easel stop. This is a different and unusual Easel Style card in which the Hummingbird is nicely focused.


For this card, I added more cutesy scalloped edging and a lighter Soft Seafoam Cardstock Base. I like to think when I make "Get Well" cards that my being fully stocked with them keeps me from needing them sometimes.  The "hope you FEEL BETTER really soon" sentiment is from the Hostess reward stamp set for a $300 or more party, Punch Party.



For this card, I let the "clean" look go a bit and added this fun Sale-A-Bration Flower & Field Designer Series Paper Pattern. This card looks happy and vibrant and has an unusual/different Basic White layer inside for writing.



This "bonus" card doesn't fit the mold of the scored cards, but I like it for an alternative. I enjoy this Flower & Field Designer Series Paper pattern with edges cut. Cutting out this hummingbird is nice and quick too.


Product List

Thanks for hopping by and reading!


Receive my weekly customer newsletter:
Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!
Tempting sale items:
Free Tutorials:
Join My Team:

1 comment:

Unbroken hopes said...

Interesting to know about blog