Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Technique Tuesday....Baby Wipe Ink Pad Technique

Baby Wipe Ink Pad Technique

Did you know you can make an inkpad with any Stampin' Up! colors using baby wipes, reinkers and a plastic dish?

First choose a plastic dish (Gladware or Lunchmeat resealable plasticware) to allow you to use it again with in the next couple of days if you'd like and to provide a non-porous surface for inking up your stamp on your baby wipe ink pad.

Place a couple of baby wipes smoothly into the container...I occasionally use the lid as the ink pad, and either way works.

Drop a few drops of reinkers onto your baby wipe. Try for a nice variety of color and try not to allow the colors to get muddy by mixing.

Ink your stamp onto the baby wipe ink pad and stamp.

Finish your card.


My example uses the Fresh Cuts Stamp Set which is on a 30% off bundle sale until November 30th with the Notes I used! (You get Fresh Cuts stamp set, Fresh-Cut Notes, and 5/8" Neutrals Jumbo brads for $26.50 instead of $39.85.) For this and other great deals, visit my Stampin' Up! website here: http://www.rhondag.stampinup.net/ (Bottom of the page, just left of center, Promotions, details)

The reinkers I used were five of this year's In Colors....Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay and a dash of Dusty Durango.

(Alternately, I used this technique with a solid color (soft suede) so that I could use the shimmer paints directly sponge daubered onto the stamp and then ink it up again. This was much nicer than cleaning the stamp each time and kept a lot of shimmer paint off of my REAL ink pad. You've seen this card before, but I'll repost since it is an example.)

1 comment:

Bev Dahl said...

Great Card Rhonda! Simple, yet elegant. Thanks for sharing!