Friday, November 13, 2009

Glazed Tile "A Post A Day" November

Last week's Technique Challenge Tech32 on Stampin Addicts was Glazed Tile. My friend Trina Caraway made a gorgeous card for the color challenge the week before, so I asked her to use her card for Technique Challenge 32. I of course had something in mind to try...I wanted to try a Mexican tile look. The colors are a little dark, but it is a kind of masculine look I think.
I used Old Olive Craft Ink to stamp the Medallion onto Barely Banana cardstock (Cardstock darkens when glazed). Then, I heat set the craft ink. Next, I colored all the open space that I wanted to have color with markers. Then, I cut the square (4-3/4 inch) into four squares and sponged only the outer two sides. Finally, I pressed the squares into the Versamark ink pad and heat embossed with Glassy Glaze Enamel. The pieces are then adhered to the Chocolate Chip Base and then onto a So Saffron Card base that is 5-1/4 inch square. I added the sentiment piece and ta da.




2 comments:

Elaine said...

Very Beautiful card, am going to have to try it

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is spectacular!!