Monday, November 16, 2009

Recipe Monday 7 "A Post A Day" November

Last Monday I finished my weekly meal plans, so this week begins a real life recipe and a card recipe of sorts...

Italian Tomato Spinach Tortellini Soup

32 oz Swanson’s Chicken Broth (I sometimes add another 14 oz can)
1/2 pkg Baby Spinach
1 14 oz can of Petite Diced tomatoes
2 6 oz cans tomato sauce
1 pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini (approx 4 servings not 8 servings)
Italian Seasoning
Extra water, if needed

Combine broth, spinach and tomatoes in soup pot. Bring to a boil and cook spinach. Add tortellini and add water if needed to cover the tortellini fully. Boil according to tortellini package instructions (except you are boiling in the soup rather than in plain water. Serve with breadsticks or garlic bread and with a bit of Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Here's a card with a slightly different layering of the sentiment. The "happy birthday" is punched out with the small oval punch as expected, but I used the scallop square punch to create a sort of rectangle around it. I punched the scallop square and then Re-Punched it by putting just the top three rows of scallops into the punch and punching again. (Pictured below)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Well look at that darling mini scallop square! What a great little element.

Wish i had a bowl of your yummy soup to slurp on while I figured out what I should use your mini scallop rectangle on first. . . .

Tracey said...

I love your little scallop tag! Thanks for the tip!