Friday, April 26, 2019

MIFDC17 My Inky Friends Country Livin' Color Challenge


My Inky Friends has a color challenge for you today. I hope you'll play along if you have time!

You can enter the challenge/submit your card on the My Inky Friends Blog. HERE


The Hardwood background stamp and Country Livin' set are retiring on June 3rd, so I wanted to use them with this color combination challenge.  I thought it was fun to take typical "flower" colors and use them on a masculine card. 

A Mint Macaron Blend run horizontally makes quite a decent sky--I was surprised!  (Only use the firm end of the Blend (not the paintbrush end) for this back and forth technique though!) Crumb cake was used to tone down the Peach of Petal Pink, and I used a sponge dauber to make the grass hazy at the bottom of the image.

I did use a retired sentiment because it was just what I needed to send to a friend from college who is battling cancer. I used the classic label punch and tore both ends for even more masculine vibe. The Burlap ribbon made a nice base for the card. 


Thanks for hopping by and reading!

Product List




Receive my weekly customer newsletter:

Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!

Tempting sale items:

Free Tutorials:

Join My Team:

No comments: