Friday, January 11, 2019

My Inky Friends Time to Sale-A-Brate Stampin' Up! Blog Hop


Welcome to the Inky Friends Time to Sale-A-Brate! Blog Hop. We're showcasing the stamp sets or products that you can get for free with a $50 or $100 purchase during Sale-A-Bration. 

If you'd like to see the list of participants, here's a link to the My Inky Friends Blog. You may have arrived from the blog hosting Staci's Precious Parcel Creations. Isn't her bank box adorable? I can't wait until my order arrives with that kit. It looks like such fun!

I chose the Lasting Lily set which is free with a $100 purchase.  In order to have a nice looking image, one doesn't want to have too much ink with this one. I made a video showing that I used a sponge dauber to apply ink to the flower portion so that the ink wouldn't pool on the stamp.  I used the Stamparatus for placement. (It can be seen further down on this page.)

First, I made a simple one layer card. Then I added ribbon, a sentiment, pearls and a Pineapple Punch card base for the card shown here.


After making that card, I decided to try the Heat-Embossed Chalkboard Marker Magic technique. That may not be the name, but it is a good descriptor for it.  

The steps are:

  • Use an Embossing Buddy to reduce white splatters. 
  • (I also use a paintbrush to remove anything I can see before embossing.)
  • Stamp in Versamark (that is not too juicy)
  • Cover with whisper white embossing powder 
  • Shake off Excess and look for any white speckles with paintbrush
  • Heat with heat tool until melted solid
  • Use Blends or Stampin' Write markers to add color to the flower, stem and leaves. 
I love the look of this technique. It is close to a representation of a white Calla Lily to me.  I'll post a video for the coloring of this card tomorrow.


It also looks nice in pink, so I used both of the Flirty Flamingo Blends to create a similar card.



Then, I decided it would look striking with the gingham designer series paper. I had an image remaining so.....



Now, it is time to travel to Michelle's Paper Conversation Blog and see her lovely designs with the Hello Cupcake set. 

Thanks for hopping!








I also want to say, "Thank you" to my sweet friend, Charlet Mallett of Painted Orange, for helping me find the new graphics. She created the new blog header and worked to get just what I needed/wanted, and my blog is updated and more "me".










Product List

5 comments:

Kris Kilkenny said...

Love the new look of your blog. It's beautiful and your cards are soooo pretty! I think the flirty flamingo one is my favorite, although I do like the gingham background too. I haven't used this stamp set yet, but I think I would like to try that technique. Thanks for the ideas!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the embossed white and colored ones! This is great!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Like the new look on your blog Rhonda! Love all of these cards you show cased this set so great! They are all so pretty and elegant.

Mickey Roberts said...

Great cards, Rhonda! I just love the white and pink calla lilies. Your blog update is gorgeous!

Shelley Z said...

Your cards are stunning! I love the embossed ones. They just pop off the black cardstock. So beautiful!