Monday, June 17, 2019

Picture Tutorial Floating Frames/Glad Press and Seal Technique To a Wild Rose


Hi Stampin' friends!  I thought you might benefit from a Floating Frames photo tutorial since there are a couple of videos already available online. When I am creating, I find photo tutorials to be a time saver, so I hope you do too.

The Stamparatus is a real time saver when stamping these pieces. Placing the Black stamped leaves and flowers on the same swing arm and putting the 2nd layer of pink rose and Granny Apple Green leaves on the other swing plate made stamping quick and easy.

After you cut out a nice amount of stamped and die cut images that fill a 5-1/4" X 4" piece of cardstock, arrange them on a piece of cardstock and imagine a shape to cut the center.  I've seen ovals, circles and stitched rectangles have great results.  

For this card, I used the lovely stitched shape that is part of the To a Wild Rose Bundle.  I find it helpful to be sure the corners have something filling them. This allows me to place the images neatly on my cardbase in the final step.


Next, take some of the stickiness off the Glad Press and Seal by sticking it to your shirt. If you don't remove some stickiness, your images may stick to it and become damaged.


I tried to stick the Press and Seal mainly to the base layer of Whisper White.  I really pressed it to the white while just lightly pressing it to my stamped images.


The next step is simply to cut the edges of the images to be flush with the 5-1/4" X 4" base from the underside (Cut along the edge of the Whisper White 5-1/4" X 4" layer removing excess stamped images.) using scissors.

Next place your die cut choice in the center of your 5-1/4" X 4" sheet. I've seen circles placed up higher on a portrait oriented sheet (at about 1 inch from top) used with a pretty result.


After die-cutting you are left with a center piece and a "frame" piece. Carefully, remove the Whisper White from the images.


Use dimensionals in a large enough quantity to lift each image and also to keep any connected that overlap. You may need to use some mini dimensionals and cut some narrow pieces. Be sure each corner has a dimensional. 

Then, Remove the backing from each dimensional and adhere the frame to the card.  Use your corners to create the perfect placement onto each corner of the card right at 1/8" from the edge just like we do with any regular layer added onto a cardbase. Start with two corners and don't press all the corners at the same time.  That allows you to get the spacing perfect before pressing it down.


Carefully remove the Press and Seal from your images being careful not to lift or tear the paper.  If it starts to lift from one side, stop and lift at the piece from the other direction. Finally, add some shiny bling or sequins to the open areas for interest.  

On my card, I cut another Rococo Rose die cut featuring the Blessed to be your Friend sentiment because it really helps the recipient see the shape.


Because the shape is unusual, I also chose to reattach my Whisper White layer under my images after adding my dimensionals.

The Whisper White layer keeps the shape from being completely lost when it is an unusual shape like this and adds details. I finished the card with die cut leaves and a rose image that are also in the To A Wild Rose bundle.  Bling, Black Satin Ribbon and the Classic Label punch for the sentiment make a sweet card.


Thanks for hopping by and reading!



Product List


Receive my weekly customer newsletter:

Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!

Tempting sale items:

Free Tutorials:

Join My Team:

No comments: