Thursday, June 13, 2019

Free as a Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards Pressed Petals Washi Tape Flowers

I colored several different species of birds with the Blends markers, and I thought the Pressed Petals Washi Tape Flowers would look great with the Purple Finch.  Then, I wanted to put them on the Bird Ballad Laser Cut cards, but I had stamped on Whisper White. Oops! 

I recreated the birds on Very Vanilla and added a sentiment from Free as a Bird as well as the Magnolia Lane Ribbon. It has a white edge, but I think it still looks nice. The stitched nested Labels add a nice detail the main image.

The flowers were so easy to make because they have the stickiness of washi tape.  Replicating the blossom at the bottom left corner, I chose to use four petals on my flowers, but 5 and 6 petals look great too! I intentionally tried to curl up the edges to make them look real and then colored the Faceted Gems with the Dark Basic Black Blend. (I used the broad end so as not to damage the delicate brush end.)


  I really like the design without a color behind it, but I had to see it with the contrast, so I slid a piece of Rich Razzleberry behind the front of the card.  It is striking, but I think I like the open look.

The Classic Label punch was used to punch the sentiment and then to dovetail the edges to match the dovetailed ribbon.

Thanks for hopping by and reading!

Product List



Receive my weekly customer newsletter:

Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!

Tempting sale items:

Free Tutorials:

Join My Team:


No comments: