Thursday, July 25, 2019

Rustic Retreat Improved Look Card

Have you ever made and card and been happy with it, but then thought of another way of doing it and liked that better?

Well that happened to me with a card I've already blogged for you.  I made a Z fold card with the Rustic Retreat set and decided to use it for a swap. (A swap is when Stampin' Up! Demonstrators make a number of cards all alike and then by mail or in person switch with other Demonstrators.  This allows us to get some ideas and examples of some sets we may not have purchased to show our customers.) 

I couldn't hold out on you all in case you might like it better too! So here is the new and improved version that I used for my swap:




How it all occurred:

When I talked about coloring the swap cards, my daughters thought that the Light Pool Party Blend I accidentally used on the first one looked better than the Dark Pool Party Blend.  (Originally, I was trying to match the Pool Party Cardstock inside the card, and I liked the back and forth horizontal texture.  I actually worked to achieve that look.)  My girls didn't like it for the sky, so I didn't use it, and they liked the lighter color. I admit I do like it better with a lighter sky!






Thanks for hopping by and reading!



Receive my weekly customer newsletter:

Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!

Tempting sale items:

Free Tutorials:

Join My Team:

No comments: