Sunday, July 28, 2019

Daisy Lane German Smear Technique Tutorial Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder

I wanted to create a background that made me think of the German Smear technique that is used on brick.  First, I stamped the flower stems in Old Olive on the 5-1/4" X 4" Whisper White cardstock. I ran the card stock through the Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder. I wanted to make it appear that the red brick was showing through the white plaster top layer. In order to do that, I used Gray Granite and Terracotta Tile Ink Pads on Sponge Daubers to add color to only the highest bricks.  Then I sanded it off a bit with a sanding block which can be seen on the bottom right corner of the brick at the top left.


I didn't want to leave the inside of the card bare.  I stamped the Daffodil Delight flower image first. Then, I used a mask over it when I stamped the Old Olive stem.  Quick and Easy!

Here's my video of the technique. I hope you enjoy it! 





Here are links to all the items in my online Stampin' Up! Store so that you may easily make the card (or your fantastic twist on it) yourself.

Product List


Thanks for hopping by and reading!



Receive my weekly customer newsletter:

Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!

Tempting sale items:

Free Tutorials:

Join My Team:

No comments: