Sunday, February 13, 2022

Calming Camellia Stampin' Up! Stamp Set Card Video

 

 This Stamp Set can be earned when you host a $300 workshop/party before February 28th when Sale-A-Bration ends.

I feel like I should talk about what this is versus a Camellia. Camellias have a Rose type shape open and round. Strange choice of name for them. :)



These first two cards were stamped in Soft Suede and then colored with White Craft Ink using an old (dedicated to white craft ink for the future) blender pen.  The white makes the flowers and leaves pop while leaving the background brown toned. This technique is relaxing and fun to me. I hope you will find it the same. In the video (which is sped up while I color), you can see how simple it was.


Next I used the White craft ink with blender pen to color on this Pale Papaya Cardstock. I did not add glitter to this card and let the white shine after stamping the image in Pumpkin Pie ink.

This card is only Stamped in Fresh Freesia Ink on Basic White. Then I colored it with a Wink of Stella.


So why exactly did we use the White Craft Ink to color our Calming Camellia stamp? Because you smear the brown/Soft Suede water based ink with either an water painter or Wink of Stella if you don't. Here's my photographic evidence of the problem. :D Otherwise you'd have to use black and create a more stark color contrast.





Product List

Thanks for hopping by and reading!


Receive my weekly customer newsletter:
Shop anytime on my Stampin' Up! website:
and Earn Bunny Money Rewards!
Tempting sale items:
Free Tutorials:
Join My Team:

No comments: