Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Open Matchbook Fold with Well Scripted

Today's Fold of the February Day is much like a matchbook card, but it is not adhered on the sides on the inside of the card.  The card is 4-1/4 by 11, scored at 1-1/4 inches and at 6-1/2 inches, so obviously the card is only 5-1/4 inches tall instead of 5-1/2 inches tall. I enjoy the way it closes by tucking the 1-1/4 inch flap under the decorative lace layer as shown below.  I should probably mention the lace layer is adhered with plenty of stick strip.  I also lined the inside of the card with Very Vanilla Cardstock to give it a finished look.


I saw the soft and pretty crimped, distressed lace on the website for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  It was by Lisa Freeman...Thanks so much for sharing Lisa!  I also began with the Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO125), but I didn't want to cover up the "lace" with a circle at the bottom so I did not complete that challenge.  I think this will make a fun card for either my April technique class or my Mother's Day Stamp Camp.


No comments: