Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bollywood Technique from Stampin' Up!'s Fort Worth Regionals

This technique was presented by Shannon West at Stampin' Up!'s Fort Worth Regionals on the 10th-11th. It was so striking in the original deep red (Cherry Cobbler-I think). 

Supplies
Gold Smooch Spritz
Clear Embossing Powder
Versamark
Color Catcher
Q-Tip (perhaps)
Heat Tool
1. Choose a bright color of cardstock that will contrast nicely with gold.

2. Ink your stamp with Versamark

3. Spray your Smooch Spritz onto the STAMP itself. (It is difficult to get it on both sides of the stamp and not get too much, so I dabbed just a little off with a Q-Tip to control the drips.) Be quick though it dries so fast! ( I have a little too much gold on the example-it should be gold on the edges.)

4. Stamp your Versamark and Smooch onto the cardstock.

5. Cover with Clear Embossing Powder and heat emboss.


You might also try this with substituting shimmer mist (or using the paint direct?-I didn't write that down when we were shown it) for the smooch spritz...I don't think you have to emboss afterward, but it does push the shimmer paint to the edges when you stamp it I know.


1 comment:

KilkennyVFX said...

WOW! That turned out SPECTACTULAR! I'm going to start calling you the color goddess! You always amaze me, how you can see something one time and think, "I'm going to try that." Thanks for sharing the directions with those of us who aren't that skilled. Hee hee!