Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Glitter Window Penguin

I decided to use the MOJO Monday sketch today. It is MOJO99, and I love the layout! I was thrilled to use my Cold & Cuddly stamp set for the first time. I had to buy it because my oldest daughter LOVES penguins, but it is a such a cute little set too. You can't see the block of ice under the penguin's feet, but I'll have a similar card for you to see tomorrow. :) I added a Bashful Blue Merry Details Big Shot Die Cut snowflake under the white one as well, but this picture was better of the penguin, so I stuck with it. This card also has the glitter window technique which is perfect for winter cards for the technique challenge on Stampin' Addicts here: http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/tuesday-technique-challenges/2215-technique-challenge-21-8-11-09-glitter-window.html

1. Punch or Die Cut a hole in your TOP LAYER that is large enough to allow you to see through to your main image. (It should have a diameter that is less than your clear packing tape. My packing tape is 2 inches wide, and my circle punch was 1-3/4" wide.) Be sure to have enough room on the edges to adhere your main image underneath.

2. Make sure your main image is small enough to fit under your TOP LAYER.

3. Cover your TOP LAYER with clear packing tape on the back-tape side up.

4. Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the packing tape and shake off excess.

5. For maximum sparkle (though it is messy), the glitter side should be "up" and the shiny tape side should be underneath as you adhere your main image under your TOP LAYER.

I used dimensionals to attach the layers together.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Super Cute Rhonda! I love that little set. I really want to get it. The polar bear and penguin are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE! Love it and the sparkles :)