Saturday, August 29, 2009

Holy Family

Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Happy Holidays Blog Hop! Our Hop will feature sneak peaks of the different stamp sets and accessories the Holiday Mini Catalog has to offer. There are 40 jam packed pages of the Holiday Mini Catalog that will fill many of your holiday stamping and gift-giving needs! Be sure to visit the Stampin' Addicts gallery and forums for great Stampin' Up! ideas!

If you have been following the blog hop in order you've just seen Dawnmarie's wonderful Berry Christmas creations at DM Dezigns.

Just sit back and imagine a few of the things you might make with the Holy Family stamp set as you see what I have for you here. :) I took several pictures, while I was creating, of both the candle and the card shade, so look for tutorials next week if you are interested.

First, I wanted to create a home decor item, but a Nativity scene limits the possibilities just a bit. My downline Kris suggested a candle, and candles are one of my favorite quick and easy projects. I merely embossed on white tissue paper, turned the gold embossing powder toward the candle and melded the paper into the candle. (Turning the gold embossing powder toward the candle created the reversed image you see.)

I had already decided to create the home decor/card combo creation below which is also candle-centered. The "front" of the card has a gatefold appearance and is tied by gold cord. The Real Red sentiment panel is mounted on vellum edged in gold-embossing. The "gates" allow the card to stand on its own.

The "back" of the card has a top note-sized hole with the gold embossed image on vellum. I edged the Real Red image frame in gold embossing powder by using the Versamarker and added three gold brads. The star is cut out and attached with a mini glue dot. I apologize for the poor/fuzzy picture quality...I wanted the candle glow to shine. Safety first...be sure to allow proper distance between your shade and votive candle holder.


This last picture is of three regular cards using different image treatments. I wanted the card on the left to be easy to duplicate so the image is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Vanilla. I used the Big Shot Join in the Cheer die for the word JOY.

The center image is stamped in StazOn ink on our watercolor paper and watercolored using classic inks and an aquapainter. I used the sentiment from Christmas Cardinal to create a simple card.

The card on the right has a base of Very Vanilla cardstock cut with the Big Shot Scallop Square die. The image and the Merry Christmas from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set are gold-embossed and layered with gold cardstock for a design that looks a bit more elegant. These cards are in the Stampin' Addicts gallery individually.

Please continue to Kat's Kards to see what gorgeous things she's done with the Delightful Decorations set and Punch.

For your added convenience we have added directional arrows to help you find the previous or next blog spots.



32 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty, I ordered this set and still haven't used it. I will now. Thanks for sharing.
stamper_jamie @ yahoo.com

Marie said...

Love your projects - they are so elegant and beautiful. I can't wait to see your cards when you get the proper lighting to post them. Fabulous job with the sneak peek items!!!

Amy said...

Rhonda, your projects are just gorgeous! Thanks for all the ideas!

Elaine said...

Very beautiful, the candle is a definite wow.

Paula said...

I just love all of these projects Rhonda. Thanks for sharing them with us on the tour.

Lisa said...

The candle and the candle shade are just GOJUS!

Linda said...

You really showed the versatility of a set that contains only 3 images! Great job! I love how you made the candle shade...the glow is wonderful!

Crissy said...

So very beautiful Rhonda!

Comeka said...

Your projects are beautiful! I especially love the lantern.

Ellie said...

OH GOODNESS girl you rocked this set I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! hmm Now I need to get me a candle cause I love how that looks WOW oh WOW :)

Lisa Curry said...

Your candle and votive holder are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your creativity with all us.

Lisa

Sarah said...

WOWZER - gorgeous - I now need this set LOL :-) I love your candle - just fabulous...

rush8888 said...

the tea-light holders should have straight sides, not fluted. it keeps the "chimney" going up and not out.

Stacy said...

Rhonda - Very pretty work. The votive is perfect with this set!

Deb (Debadoo) said...

Gorgeous Rhonda!! I love this stamp set, and love everything you did with it. My favs are the votive holder card, and the white and gold one. I love white and gold. I'd tried a gold embossed candle one time with LAAT but the powder turned a bit dull, lost it's shine with all the heating. Might try turning the powder toward the candle after embossing it, see if that helps.
Deb
Debadoo

Lorie said...

Lovely Rhonda...absolutely lovely!

KilkennyVFX said...

The candle turned out awesome! Also, what a great way to turn the card into a candle shade. You could really see the glow in the photo.

Bandon, Oregon said...

The candle is so beautiful, liked the idea of turning the image into the candle to get that gold emboss... very nice...

Thanks for sharing...
Faith

Holly said...

Wow, love the side-by-side one image, three looks card ensemble! And that gatefold card--simple and elegant closed, and spectacular opened! A wonderful hop stop, Rhonda!

Joyce said...

Your creations with this set are beautiful. I love the elegance of the candle and what a fantastic idea to turn the card into a candle shade ... so very clever!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Lovely projects, Rhonda! TFS!

brandi

Ashley @MamaOfAllTrades said...

These are just beautiful! I love how you kept them simple to keep the focus on the image and the meaning of the season. Great work! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, these are beautiful projects, but I think the candle shade takes the prize! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Your candle and votive holder are stunning! Beautiful work!

RubberRedneck said...

Rhonda love everything! Great job!! I really love the candle!! Everything is gorgeouse!

michelle sturgeon said...

Rhonda, that candle is GORGEOUS! Absolutely breathtaking!

Lyssa Zwolanek said...

Rhonda, these are gorgeous! That candle holder blew me away. I really love your blog...

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Thanks Rhonda for designing all my Christmas Projects for me - LoL it's so nice to have a personal designer in the house (or on the desk as the case may be.

Seriously though these are wonderful projects and the presentation added to their charm and warmth. Way to blog and create sister demo! I knew this stamp set was going to be my go to set when I saw the mini and now I'm totally convinced.

Thanks for sharing your warmth and the sense of faith I see behind the designs.

Hugs and blessings - Jean Fitch

DM Dezigns said...

Love the projects - this was not I set I liked, but I see some great potential with it now.

Kim said...

Beautiful projects. Love the candle ideas you created.

Twila said...

What lovely projects. Great job!

Barbara Welch said...

Rhonda, beautiful work as always, thanks for sharing your ideas.