Sunday, October 30, 2016

Detailed Santa Thinlits Christmas Shaker Card Stampin Up!



I recently made a Santa Shaker with the Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies.  I was inspired by cards by Patty Bennett (for a shaker) and Cindy Elam (for the paper piecing of his face and hat).  I had to be finicky though and changed some things.  I cut off some of the tiny snowballs from the Whisper White Mini Pompom trim, but they don't move and shake very well.  I used just Dazzling Diamonds glitter so that the background would stay white.

I really enjoy the pennant from the Bunch of Banners Framelits since it has the border around it.  That is perfect for contrast and highlighting with the Merry Christmas from the Star of Light Stamp Set. I can rarely follow Stampin' Up!'s idea to use the sentiment that comes with a set for cards with that set. Oh, well...


No comments: