Friday, June 24, 2016

Stampin' Addicts 2016-2017 New Catalog Blog Hop Shooting Star Bundle



Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts 2016-2017 New Catalog Blog Hop!  I hope you'll enjoy our little hop through our own personal favorites in the new Stampin' Up! Catalog.

Should you get lost or want to chat about the hop, here is a link to the chat thread on the Stampin' Addicts website: Chat Thread


If you are hopping in order, you've arrived after seeing Betty's sweet creations with the Pretty Kitty Stamp Set on her Kitty Stamp Blog.  Wow! What beautiful coloring and designs!

I chose the Shooting Star Bundle because I love to make motion cards.  This bundle has an array of cute stamps with matching framelits for convenience as well as the round and curved slot motion pieces. (Image directly below is from and by Stampin' Up!)



First, I made this card for my husband for our 20th Anniversary.  He liked it very much, but he may be biased. :)  I used Soft Sky, Whisper White, So Saffron and Basic Black for a simple color scheme that lets the Honeybee Spinner Shine. For added shine, I used clear Wink of Stella on the bees' wings. The sentiment banner is from the Popcorn Box Thinlits. You can see the penny ever so slightly. We'll pretend I did that so that you could see how I made it. :)



This card needs a bit of an explanation...It is for my cousin and her husband who have been missionaries in Cameroon, Africa for the last 24 years.  In the next year or so, they will transition to Togo, Africa, so I thought the Spread the Love sentiment from last year's Ronald McDonald House Set, Sprinkles of Life, made a perfect card to give to her. I punched the sentiment using the Classic Label punch. Then, I put a rhinestone bling on Togo for fun.  The heart is the second smallest from the new Sweet & Sassy Heart Framelits, and I used the Happy Heart Embossing folder to complete the theme.


Finally, I made this card using the other spinner/slider option which I learned (from Stampin' Up!) works best as a rainbow rather than a smiley.  We don't want the slider image to get stuck in the bottom of the depression. :)  I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Crushed Curry Cardstock as well as the Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron and Crushed Curry Markers.  The Lucky Stars embossing folder was my background, and I added Gold Wink of Stella to each star on the card--both on the black and on the slider image piece.

Sparkly as it was, it was missing something, so I added three of the gold stars from the Metallic Enamel Shapes, and for the sentiment I used the Duet Banner Punch. I slide the sentiment to the left rather than punching right in the middle and used the "negative" to make the basis of the point on the right side of the sentiment. I had to trim just a bit too though.



Now, it is time to continue to Sara's Lily's Ink Pad blog to see the Always an Adventure Bundle in action. I LOVE that diorama card!








3 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Look at the fun you made with all of those spinners!! I love the Spread the Love card, such a great concept :)

Yapha said...

Fabulous cards, Rhonda! I was on the fence about this set, but I think you pushed me over! I love the spread the love card -- great idea!!

Betty said...

Those are great! I love your personalization of each. Such fun details!