Friday, December 28, 2012

Stampin' Addicts 2013 Spring Catalog Blog Hop Secret Garden

 
 
Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts 2013 Spring Catalog Blog Hop! Stampin' Up! will celebrate 25 great years in 2013, and they've started the year well with a lot of cute stamp sets and products.
 
If you're following the hop in order you've arrived from Cindy's Blog, Hearts Delight Cards. Should you get lost, just click to go to the Blog Hop thread on Stampin' Addicts.
 
My choice for this hop was the Secret Garden bundle (page 17)...I've only scratched the surface of all the wonderful possibilities this set provides.  Anytime I can have flowers cut for me, I'm a happy girl! :)
 
First I used the new Oval Framelits to create a scalloped oval card. I used the technique of cutting a card base while leaving a fold at the top then covering it with another scalloped oval.  For this card, I cut the largest plain oval from Basic Black and embossed Happy Birthday from the Memorable Moments Stamp set (page 139 of the Big Catalog) using Melon Mambo embossing powder. I surrounded the oval with lilies and dahlias from the secret garden set which were also embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder. Gumball Green leaves (also cut with the Secret Garden framelits) and a So Saffron Bitty Butterfly punch (page 13) fill the remaining space. I was inspired by a Lilly Pulitzer agenda for this card.
 
 

It is difficult to see, but I punched the tiny flowers and stamped the large flower on Shimmery White cardstock to connect with the Dazzling Diamonds I added to the "back"/sticky side of the Delicate Details Lace Tape (page 3 ) for the border below the Primrose Petals ribbon.  One of the needlepoint borders embossing borders (page 5) is centered on the Primrose Petals horizontal layer, and I used the dove-tailed banner from the Hearts A Flutter framelits die for the bottom of the vertical banner.
 
For this card, I used a Z-fold and black embossing powder...the Tiger Lily has dots which I just added with a marker, and I used the stem from the set for the Tiger and Stargazer lilies.  The Window Frame framelits and the itty bitty banners framelits provided the center and the sentiment for this card.
 
This final card has the Daisy from this set with Honey Comb embossing folder and the Bee from Nature Walk. I think the combination is cutesy. I'll have a better picture of the card for you when the hop is over, but I wanted to share this somewhat obvious ~tip~.
 
It can be time-consuming to line up the embosslits on the stamped round flower image, so I put an arrow pointing up on each one as well as the matching stamp.  Then, when either my customers or I plan to cut them out, we can stamp the image with the arrow up, and be sure that the embosslit will also fit with the arrow up. Little things to make life easier.
 
 
 

Now, it is time to continue forward to Paula's blog, Stampin' With Paula for a preview of the Poppin' Up Posies Designer Kit.



Pin It

17 comments:

Betty said...

So many cool details here! Using the dovetail framelit to extend the banner, the dazzling details, the tiger lily spots to name a few. And thanks for the tip with the framelit alignment!

Anonymous said...

Like Betty said - so many great details. Love how you used the back of the tape with the Dazzling Diamonds - very clever! And what a great idea to mark the stamp and coordinating die. That will certainly make them easier to use. TFS!

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable projects! Love the blue and yellow color combo on your last card best. Great tip with the arrow.

Cindy said...

So many great ideas here! Love the tip about directional arrows, and the idea for using the sticky side of the lace tape (brilliant!). I have to agree with Heidi, that last yellow and blue card with the honeycomb, flowers and bee is gorgeous!

Mickey Roberts said...

Rhonda, these cards are just stunning! I think I like the bee card the best and your tip is awesome!

Unknown said...

Really love the Z Fold card. Nice job.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

These are amazing. I especially appreciate how you color the flowers to be like the real ones. I'm kinda crazy about that!

Debra Burgin said...

I love your last card that takes this set to a sweeter, less tropical place. Really, really pretty!

sandi said...

Like Betty and Adriana said love the detail and how to use the tape with the Dazzling Diamonds. Thank you for sharing

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful Rhonda you made me like a set that I wasn't too sure about! lol I love the idea with the arrow!! Genius!

KilkennyVFX said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the black background on the first card. It really makes the pink embossing pop. I also love how you left the stems hanging from the Tiger Lillies. Great tip about putting the arrow on the stamp to help with the placement of the die.

Jen Timko said...

These are lovely. Such a fresh breath of spring. Great idea with the arrows. Will have to use that for sure! Thanks for the inspiration!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards! That first oval one is stunning!Love all of your helpful tips, too!

Paula said...

Great projects Rhonda. And I love your tip about the arrows to help line up the images. Brilliant!

Tanya Boser said...

So much beautiful detail in these cards!! Love the tiger lillies especially :)

Kim said...

Everything is so beautiful Rhonda! I love the Z fold card. Thanks for all the great tips.

Anonymous said...

Thаnk you for thе auѕpiсious ωritеuр.
It in fact waѕ а аmusement accοunt it.

Look advanceԁ to far added аgгeеable from yοu!
By thе wаy, how can ωe communicаte?


Here is my sіte: premature ejaculation treatment in dubai