Friday, August 26, 2011

Stampin' Addicts 2011 Holiday Mini Blog Hop

Welcome Stamping Friends to the Stampin' Addicts 2011 Holiday Mini Blog Hop!

You've arrived at the first stop on our hop and you may continue through all 19 stops to see a variety of creations from the Stampin Up! Holiday Mini.  We're glad you're here!

You may begin at any point though and click through each stop.  At the other end of the hop Debra is beautifully highlighting the a la carte Stamp, Leaves of a Tree, on her Heartfelt Inkspiration blog, and should you get lost or want to chat about the blog hop, visit the Blog Hop Chat Thread on Stampin' Addicts for a list of all the participating blogs in order.


Today, I'm focused on the Holiday Mini Hostess set, Warmest of Wishes (page 5) with a few other stamps tossed in for good measure. This set consists of a leaf wreath, NOEL, Warmest of Wishes, Trick or Treating OWL and Heart pennant.  All but the Warmest of Wishes sentiment are designed to fit in one of our punches, and the set provides stamping fun for four Holidays.

One might think I'd go in time order, but I'm starting with the Christmas card!  Warmest of Wishes could be used any time in the winter since it just has snowflakes, but I think it combined nicely with the NOEL for this card which is a square cross over. I saw this on SA member Jennifer Timko's blog and thought it was a cute size.  I only diagonally cut the card front to create the pocket for the other side though.

The NOEL is only attached at the top with dimensionals so that the bottom slips over the pocket sleeve when inserted in the card.  I used a diagonal from the Letters to Santa dsp....I hope it doesn't make you dizzy....and then, added our polka dot scalloped edge ribbon (inside out) and a few bits of rhinestone bling.


A what is it? moment....This is a covered napkin ring that I hope you like. I used a paper towel roll (cut to size) and attached the Spice Cake fabric (page 18) to it (sticky strip on the inside).  I then stamped the Leaf Wreath in a variety of fall colors on Pool Party cardstock, punched it with the 2-3/8" scalloped circle punch, punched the center with the 1-1/4 punch and placed it over the circle found in the fabric.

Next is this fall sign...I went simple--Surprise! (Not really I know.) I used the Big Shot with the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet in More Mustard and of course the Perfect Pennants Die....The Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (page 17) provided most of the inspiration for this banner....I really enjoy that paper-beautiful colors and patterns! (Maybe because the colors match my blog?)  The ends of the banner are our giant Spice Cake Buttons in More Mustard (page 18).


I'm...Batman!  WHOOOOO's gonna give me some candy or a Moon Pie in a ribbon slider? The Adam West version (with boots) in really dark blue instead of black I guess.... :).....and his little sister in her fairy costume. (She's wearing a leotard) I just thought it was strange that the owl was trick or treating without a costume, but with a mask, so I couldn't resist. 

They are campy, but my girls love them. The Moon Pie Slider features the Haunted Forest a la carte stamp from page 43 of the Holiday Mini.  The butterfly punch fairy's wings were coated in our new Dazzling Details glitter glue (page 41)....Easy and FAST.....I just had to wait for it to dry.


Now it is time to continue to Heidi's Blog, Running with Scissors Stamper to see her adorable creations with the super cute stamp set, Out on A Limb. The scenes she created definitely make me want this set! Thanks for stopping by!


 

24 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

LOVE those costumed owls! What a "hoot"! ;) Yes, I know, I am so corny...
That banner is gorgeous too. I really can't resist that paper either.
I love all of your projects!

Amy said...

Oh, I love your little owls! Great ideas all around!

Carmen said...

Fun Fun Fun!! Those owls are a hoot!!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, these owls are precious and did indeed need Halloween costumes! Great project ideas.

Shelley Z said...

Love the owl costumes! Your banner is fabulous!

Paula said...

You already know how I feel about Spice Cake. Love everything here. And your owls are too funny! Great job!

Mickey Roberts said...

What great projects, Rhonda! Love the costumed owls. So cute!!

creations by jackie said...

OMG I love them all but agree the costume Owls are the cooliest.

WebDeb said...

Well now, which to choose as a fave? I think you've finally pushed me into making a banner like yours -- just wonderful! But of course, those owls ... Great projects!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee, the owls are just too cute!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love your projects! I'm silly over the spice cake paper, really love the noel card. Can I have an RC with my chocolate moon pie please?? Jup I'm a southern girl! lol

Angie (fingers inky girl) said...

Love your projects Rhonda, you are always so creative!!

Lisa said...

Love the little fairy owl! I may use that stamp again after all! LOL

Debbi said...

Great projects Rhonda! Love the little owl with the glitter fairy wings. Very clever!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Those owls are so darn cute! You did a wonderful job with this set - love the banner!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love those owls!

Yapha said...

Great projects! I love those trick-or-treating owls! They are absolutely adorable!!

Missi said...

Those little owls are just too cute!! Great projects!

Betty said...

Fun stuff! I really like how you attached the Noel piece on the first card and those owls just make me laugh. I can just imagine little costumed owls out trick-or-treating. Not so scary!!

Jodi said...

Such great ideas, but my favorite has to be those adorable owls! What a great idea to give them each costume. I'll have to see what I can come up with for my niece & nephew. Maybe I can match their costumes.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Rhonda great projects!! I LOVE the owls that is just too cute and funny!!!

Jen Timko said...

These are just wonderful and I, too, love the owls! So clever!

Kim said...

Just beautiful Rhonda! Love the owls!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the banner, but the owls are the cutest!