Friday, July 29, 2011

Stampin' Addicts New 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Catalog Blog Hop


Welcome Stampin' Friends!  I hope you enjoy this Stampin' Addicts hop featuring all new stamp sets!  We have 18 stops for you to peruse as you add to your new catty wish lists!  If you've been following the hop in order, you've enjoyed Trina's cute creations with the Many Mustaches set. (How Cute that her blog is called Stamps and Whiskers too-even though the name is in relation to her cats!) If not, keep hopping and you'll reach it, or if you are lost, go to the chat thread on Stampin' Addicts to find your way.

There's also a huge 5th Saturday Stamp Jam going on over at Stampin' Addicts in conjenction with this Blog Hop. Feel free to check it out and join in the fun!

I'm featuring the Polar Party set....Yes, it is a long time until Christmas, but I just couldn't wait to take the plunge with these record breaking temperatures in Oklahoma this year!

First, I have this Candy Bar Holder...A regular size Hershey Bar fits inside, and I used the cute new Letters to Santa blue plaid designer series paper for the tabs.  Just some stamping and coloring of the set...(I can't wait to Dazzling Details glitter glue in the Upcoming Holiday Mini for snow, but I used the Smooch Accent ink to add shimmer in this example.)  On the little tree, our Cherry Cobber Twine made a perfect little accent rope and tied in a little more red.  I think the peppermint candy makes a surprising addition and adds more Candyland style interest under the candy cane (also a stamp in this set) cut out.

Next is this tiny gift tag....My penguin-loving daughter thinks it might make a better tree ornament...Either way-I'm glad she likes it. The picture makes it look a little flat, but the Four Frames border is popped up on dimensionals (edges so they will be narrow enough), and the little penguin is walking out of the frame. His banner is just a toothpick cut easily with our craft and rubber scissors with "Merry" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes on it with a Basic Rhinestone.


Finally, I have this Wiper Card using Black White and Pool Party with Island Indigo (Antarctica is an island after all ;)) and Pear Pizzazz....


The little penguin lifting his foot is perfect for the wiper portion I think....and I'll never tire of SU!'s super-faceted and shiny rhinestones!

Now, it is time to Hippity Hop to Sara's Lily's Ink Pad blog to see her fun creations with the Easy Events set....



 

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are too cute, Rhonda! And one of the two candy bar treat holders you gave me at convention still survives! Your last sample gave me an idea for a panorama card, too!

Amy said...

Adorable projects, Rhonda! I always love to see what you can do with a new penguin stamp!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Great color combo on the wiper card - bright and fun!

Heidi Baks said...

Love how you decorated the christmas tree with baker's twine - and the wiper card is adorable!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I am so lucky to have two of these projects from swapping! Love, love love them all!

lisa808 said...

It's never too early to start on Christmas projects! tfs

sharon said...

My granddaughter will go crazy over this set. She loves penguins.
Sharon L

Pat Jandacek said...

These are such cute images and you've given us three wonderful examples for inspiration. TFS

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Really cute projects with lots of fun details!

Cindy said...

I agree with your daughter...that penguin should go on the tree! These are all absolutely sweet, Rhonda. Love the little details on all of them!!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Super cute projects Rhonda!! Love those lil penguins. Great idea to put the starlight mint candy on the pull tab and put the lil candy cane on it!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Thanks for the refreshing blast of winter, Rhonda--we can really use it here too!

Your penguin ornament is way too cute; looks like he's jumping off the tag! I also love how you've used you ribbons and twine in so many ways. . . .

DebbieG said...

Too cute!!! love this stampset. Great idea using bakers twine on the christmas tree. Love all the projects.
debbieanng at yahoo dot com

Carey said...

I love all of them. What fun to make a candy bar treat holder. I make things for all the people at work for Christmas. I think you have given me an idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy
pedstamper at sbcglobal dot net

Jen Timko said...

These are awesome! Love that little tag (and I agree with your daughter, too)!

Yapha said...

Super cute projects! i love the penguin jumping out of the gift tag!

Jen said...

Awww....they are so cute!! I love the soft blues with the bling. Nice work!

Betty said...

Such sweet projects! Pool Party and Polar Party look great together! I especially like the little high stepping penguin on the tag.

mousekemom said...

Super cute and love how you merged the tag with the penguin set...very cute!

Mickey Roberts said...

Rhonda, your projects are just adorable! The colors you chose for the wiper card are just awesome!

Sarah said...

LOVE em all Rhonda - especially that chocolate bar wrapper...oh my...now I am dreaming of chilly weather here in 105 CenTex... :-)

Tanya Boser said...

Love that little penguin "steppin out"! And the wiper card with the snowflakes on the sides is perfect :)

Carmen said...

Love all of them! I always forget to do alternate folds with my cards ... thanks for the inspiration!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love all your projects! Yes I am just now doing the hop! lol