Reinker Spread technique was featured in the March issue of Stampin' Success. I love that it is perfect for the line art roses in the Fabulous Florets set which appear in the upcoming Summer Mini catalog.Stampin' Up! suggests that we use Glossy White Cardstock, but I think Shimmery White looks awesome myself. (I think it was Lyssa who suggested using shimmery?) Anyway, you can certainly make your own decisions or try both on that.
1. Pick a line art image and stamp with Versamark and heat emboss with either clear or white embossing powder. (I want to try using our new melon mambo ep too though!)
2. Spritz the image with water.
3. Use a drop of each reinker color on a piece of acetate or whatever you normally use.
4. With an aquapainter, color in the sections of the image with your chosen colors. The reinker will spread across the area. I find it best to start with a lighter color and add darker colors to highlight as the cardstock dries out a little.
I also colored the outside of the image after cutting it out a little outside the embossing because I thought it looked cool.
5. Allow the cardstock to dry.
6. Finish your card.