Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Technique Challenge 61 Textured Acetate


Today's challenge on Stampin' Addicts was inspired by Alliohran's Textured Fancy Favor Box. A big THANK YOU to Allison for allowing SA to use it for a technique challenge. What a brilliant idea it is! (The colors were gorgeous too.) Check out her great work and tutorial with this technique on her Sweet Impressions blog here: http://alliohran.blogspot.com/2010/06/stampin-celebration-6.html


To make a card instead:
1. Cut the acetate in half and fold in half again...creasing the fold with a bone folder.

2. Put the front of the card into the embossing folder with the texture pushing outward/raised on the front. If you do it the other way, the card front may curl upward (which doesn't look great). This way it will lie flat/curl downward just a bit.

3. It is difficult to fit the embossing folder into the top of the acetate tightly, so that is an opportunity for a nice ribbon embellishment. (It isn't really far away from the top...3/8 taffeta would also look nice, but I had satin)

4. So it is pretty simple to make a card with this technique, and then just finish it up with some cardstock. A Pear Pizazz layer the same size as the one on the top was used for the inside/signing area of the card.

I will use this technique again with the snowflake die, but I will sand over the snowflakes to create an opaque whiteness at that time-so that's another possibility to try in case you get around to that before I do. 

I want to put a new embellishment that I don't have yet at the bottom right--just sayin' if the card looks naked. :)


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Very pretty! I have some printed window sheet I may try this with!!!

KilkennyVFX said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I'll have to try this.