Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recipe Monday....on Wednesday Night

Sorry my Card Recipe is so late... I tried to finish earlier, but I am really slow lately! This week's Card Recipe is a new technique I discovered in my convention swaps.


The first card shown is a very close CASE of this linked card on Stampin Addicts by Mary Beth West/mbstamper. She allowed SA/me to use her technique as the Technique Challenge this week (click here for challenge and instructions), and we named it Emboss Re-LIFT. It is a lot of fun, so I think we will make this Scenic Season stamp set card at November Technique Class. (I frayed the taffeta ribbon ends on purpose...You may choose not to fray.) Thanks for sharing this great technique Mary Beth!

So I mentioned that I enjoyed the technique, right? I also decided to do last week's Color Challenge on SA shown here. It was Old Olive, Kraft, Real Red and Soft Suede. The Emboss Re-Lift technique softened the Real Red, and provided a nice contrast to the paper pierced leaves and shiny berries completed with Crystal Effects. It is a fun change for the cardinal to be the incidental part of the image I think.

2 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Beautiful cards Rhonda. I'll have to check out this technique. I love the layered torn areas in the Scenic Seasons card especially.

Thanks for sharing the creativity and joy. - Jean

Rebekah said...

All of your new Christmas cards are soooo lovely, but the tree one is my favorite of them all!