Friday, May 15, 2009

Peaks and Valleys Fold Card



I ~love~ this fold I found on Tonya Allen's blog. Tonya found the idea on SCS by sheltyx1. She didn't say if she invented it or not. It looks difficult but is surprisingly easy to create. Tonya created a nice tutorial if I don't answer all your questions....my version is:
  • Cut a 5-1/2 X 12 inch piece of cardstock.
  • Score vertically at 2, 4, 8 and 10.
  • Cut horizontally 1-1/2 inches from the top and bottom edge from the 2 inch score line to the 10 inche score line.
  • The top and bottom rows should be folded Peak, Valley, Peak, Valley.
  • The middle row is creased Valley, Peak, Valley, Peak (Don't use the bone folder on this one as each fold isn't used).
  • The middle row is covered by the 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 inch image mats (shown in polka dot on my example).
  • Embellish as desired :)
I changed the height of the card also....My card is only 5-1/2 inches high, so that it will fit in a medium SU! envelope. That makes the center portion only 2-1/2 inches high rather than 3 inches, but it was still easy enough to use this way.

I used the Parisian Breeze Designer Series Paper and the coordinating Dreams du Jour stamp set. I also used JanTInk's ruffled scalloped edge around the 1-3/4 inch circle punch Old Olive mat layer. Butterflies, Kraft Taffeta ribbon and a flower and half back pearl from the pretties kit add interest, hopefully without competing with the lovely paper patterns.
Just for fun.....I had to cut this peony from my garden because the stem fell over...I had to share even with the bananas in the background LOL.

Can you find the bunny in this picture of my climbing roses? The hot pink one is about finished blooming, and the light pink 'New Dawn' is just getting started.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I can't wait to try this fold Rhonda. Thanks for sharing the directions with us!

Bev Dahl said...

I love this card! What a unique fold and I hadn't seen it any where else.
In Colorado my Peonies are not even budding yet, I can't wait until they do bloom!
Your roses are gorgeous and I love your little bunnie. Hope you have a lot!
Thank you for sharing this awesome technique card!
Bev

Anonymous said...

Cute little bunny! Wait, he's running away with your bigshot!

Connie M. said...

Stunning, Rhonda! My favorite DSP, and love it with these butterflies

Lyssa said...

So incredibly pretty! Thanks for the measurements, too.