Monday, August 25, 2008

Big Shot Ornaments



These little ornaments were so simple to make using the Big Shot machine that SU! has now. I simply used the Birds and Blooms Sizzlits dies and the Join in the Cheer Decorative Strip die to create them......not amazing I guess, but a ton of fun for someone like me who is new to die-cutting! I punched an extra flower and center for the back of the bird so it would look nicer. (I used the 1/8 inch punch for the flower centers, and Boho Blossoms punch for the Old Olive leaves.)
The ornaments are so nice and light that they'd be perfect for when you need a lightweight ornament to fill a space when the branch isn't quite sturdy enough for other ornaments on a real tree.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Rhonda- These ornaments are so cute. That is a great idea. TFS!

Cassie said...

these are so cute!! and i haven't seen anyone make ornaments using these dies!