Friday, May 8, 2015

Stampin' Addicts 2015 Retiring Stamp Set Blog Hop


Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts 2015 Blog Hop. I hope you enjoy seeing a few last hurrahs for some of our favorite sets.

Should you get lost and want to chat, visit the chat thread on Stampin' Addicts.  I'm sure you enjoyed Cindy's lovely designs with the Apothecary Art set on her blog, Heart's Delight Cards.

I chose the Gifts of Kindness set because of its fun floral design and useful sayings.

For the first card, I used MOJO Monday Sketch 396, MOJO396  That design made this card come together so easily!  I used white circles under each tiny rhinestone bling in case you wonder what you are seeing there. :) These colors are Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz.

Next, I used Soft Sky, Whisper White, Old Olive and Crumb Cake in an attempt at an unusual look. I rolled Crumb Cake marker onto the edge of the flowers for a little more depth.  I love the echo of the retiring Polka Dot Embossing Folder. It think it brings out the dots in the image.  I also think this may be the prettiest "Happy Birthday" sentiment we've ever had.  I'll also miss the modern label punch so much!!  There are some cute punches and stamp sets in the new catalog too, so I know I'll find new favorites!


This monochrome card used the old gathered ribbon, but it would be lovely with just an extra oval in Coastal Cabana of course.  I'll miss Coastal Cabana and all of the retiring In Colors!



Now it is time to continue to Stamps and Scraps with Yapha and see her cutie pie creations with the Happy Hour set. I love those Olives!




7 comments:

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

You did really well with this set. I love the soft sky card. Great use.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Beautiful cards Rhonda!! Love how you used the ribbon on the oval card.

Yapha said...

Great projects, Rhonda! I love your oval shapped card!

Heidi Baks said...

Love how you outlined the flower with your marker. Really makes the image pop.

Tanya Boser said...

Love the rock and roll! These are 3 lovely cards :)

Twila said...

Such a great group of cards. My fav is the oval card. Good job!

Cindy said...

I love the Sofy Sky card with the Crumb Cake edging, and the first card is so bright and cheery. But my fave is the Coastal Cabana oval card. I'm going to miss that color so much!