Friday, February 24, 2012

Stampin' Addicts Third Anniversary Party Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Third Anniversary Party Blog Hop! This hop we're celebrating several different types of parties.  I hope you find something inspiring to enliven your next soireĆ©.  Our blog hop lasts from noon on Friday until noon on Sunday.  Should you get lost or want to see a list of participants, here is a link to the Chat Thread on Stampin' Addicts.

If you are hopping in order, I hope you enjoyed Holly's handsome Bon Voyage creations on her Rubber Redneck blog.

My party is a Hostess Appreciation Tea which is actually on my schedule for June. I can't wait to make the Creativity Journals with my sweet guests.  We'll have hot teas, scones and quiche with a few other treats too. I enjoy this event so much each year, and I think the Journals will add to our fun.

The first little project is this Fancy Favor Box with the script paper from Attic Boutique adhered behind the front and also on the inside back.  I cut a hole with one of the Labels Framelits so that when I decide what buttons, brads and/or ribbon to include as their gift (likely something from the new catalog), it will be displayed.  I typically update their SU! color rings with the new In Colors (and provide them to new members), so I will definitely include the new 2012-2014 colors.  I saw the rolled paper roses on Pinterest, but I apologize that since the poster had not linked to the original post, but to flickr instead (which when clicked shows pictures of postage stamps on flickr)  I don't know "from whence they came :).  I think my guests will love how easy they are! The Pool Party and So Saffron mimic the roses on the designer series paper though I used River Rock for my leaves and just sponged them in Soft Suede. I added some dazzling details glitter glue to the edges for shine.


I will offer my guests the option to choose their own designer series paper for their Art Journal of course, but I chose mine :). I used more of the Attic Boutique and added a piece from the Pocketful of Posies designer series paper.  I cut a piece of thin chipboard with the Label Framelit and adhered the dsp which though it isn't the same color, blends nicely. Then, I sponged it in Crumb Cake and put another Label in Crumb Cake (with embossed polka dots and edged with Dazzling Details) under the R initial from the Timeless Type Alphabet. I went old school on the ribbon because I love these colors and couldn't help but put a ton on it.

I hope to inspire my guests to use the challenges we received at Leadership to get creative and have fun.

Next is the invitation for which I used MOJO228 for the sketch.  The tea cup was stamped on the dsp as well and cut out...not sure the leaves are visible in the photograph though.

I worried that it was little silly to waste a card for my invites, so I made the information just slip under the band. My guests can reuse the simple card for a future birthday this way. (The rolled roses are much too thick to mail however.)

I'll have several things ready WAY ahead of time this year due to the hop, and that's a good feeling! Now let's continue to Betty's Kitty Stamp blog where she has Easter all wrapped up (bunnies too!) . Such a pretty cross she made!

 








Pin It

21 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow Rhonda, these are beautiful. I love the invitation with the belly band! I so want to make one of these!!

Kim said...

Just beautiful! I love that they can resue the invitation card. The notebook is a great idea for wish lists. I'm thinking this would be also a great idea for a customer appreciation day.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous!! I love your pull-out invite using the Label Framelit. So pretty and creative!! And the little sparkle on the paper roses is the perfect little touch. Wonderful job on all your projects!

Yapha said...

What gorgeous projects!! I love the fancy favor box with those rolled roses. Just gorgeous!! Your hostesses are lucky ladies!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

oh my goodness, how smart are you?? What a great way to do the invite so they can reuse it. I can't wait to come back and see all this when I can actually see colors! Is there vellum on the treat bag? So cute with the cutout. Hope you're planning to give us more info (tutes) on the journal and card and stuff. hint hint lol Love it all!

Shelley Z said...

Love those roses! The colors are so soft and elegant. Love all your projects!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Everything is so soft and feminine and I love all the details.
Pinterest tip: If you click on the picture it enlarges and then click on the picture again and it takes you to the original source.

Betty said...

Not only are your projects wonderful, your ideas for your customers are too! I love the favor box with the vellum and the reusable invitation is sweet as can be!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Not this time Lisa....The link goes to flickr and pictures of postage stamps on both the right hand corner and the picture. It doesn't look like the person who's board it is on was the originator either. The only different part of this one versus thousands of others was the pearl in the center. This is one of those with no information and credit that many complain about on Pinterest and a good reason for everyone to watermark their photos.

Debbi said...

Wow, Rhonda, these are gorgeous! I wanna come to your appreciation party. I love the fancy favor box with the rolled roses. I feel a CASE coming on!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Rhonda WOW beautiful creations!! I love your colors and love your ideas when are you having the party I will be there :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects, Rhonda. Love the invitation and the way the information just slides out. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You had my attention at the tea party teme and menu. Then, I saw that journal and all the rest. I just totally love this! Gorgeous soft colors - so perfect! Thanks for the great idea.

Chris R. from Iowa

Peggy said...

love the idea of the label die cut for the invite - think I will suggest that to a fellow demo who sponsors a tea each year at her church..SOO girly!

Jaclynn Marie said...

These projects are way to sweet and precious!!!! Love the colors, sparkles, flowers and everything else!!! TFS!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

What a fabulous theme! Such a pretty look to your work/. I love them all. The invite with the pull out is so cool!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, Rhonda, these are fabulous! I love your invite idea!

Paula said...

These are all beautiful. I love your rolled roses. I know your customers will love this who thing. :)

Cindy said...

You used my favorite sheet from the Attic Boutique DSP, so of COURSE I love all your projects! The rolled flowers are gorgeous, and I really love the pull-out invitation make with the Labels Framelit!

Tanya Boser said...

Love the soft and sweet colors, and the Labels Framelit invite!! And the little rose with shimmer and a pearl in the center, and, and! Oh, you get the idea ;)

Party Planning said...

Wow, great article, I really appreciate your thought process and having it explained properly, thank you!