Saturday, February 7, 2009

IC166 SC213 Inspired by a Pink Pear


For today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS, I chose the pear and apple lampshade shown here http://www.hunkydoryhome.co.uk/hunkycat/retro-fruit-pendant-drum-p-590.html as my inspiration. I found a recent Sketch Challenge (#213) for the layout and used Cheep Talk for the stamp set. I enjoyed using the pears in versamark on the Certainly Celery to repeat in a slightly different spacing from the shade, but used similar colors omitting only the red. I rock and rolled the edges of the pear in Pixie Pink after inking it with Pretty in Pink. The pink pear is unusual, and I love this fun set!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love the colors in this card. Feels so springy. (She says hoping that spring is just around the corner!)

Kathy said...

Love the 'soft' feel of this card - and especially all the background layers of Chocolate Chip really makes the card!