Friday, July 14, 2017

Inky Friends New In Colors 2017-2019 Blog Hop



We're happy you've joined us for the Inky Friends In Color 2017-2019 Blog Hop!  I hope you find some great ideas as you hop through the new In Colors.  We have two stops for each of the five new colors!

If you get lost or want to see the list of participants, go to the Inky Friends Blog  to get directions.

If you are traveling in order, you've arrived from Twila's Stamp A Little Longer blog on which she displayed the calm and lovely, Tranquil Tide.




This card is a monochrome of Lemon Lime Twist. I used the Floral Phrases set to create a background on the Whisper White and the three butterfly stamps from Watercolor Wings to create a main image. Two of the butterfly images were stamped off for more contrast, and the image was covered with Clear Wink of Stella. A Delicate Lace Doily makes a nice detail as well. 

The Lemon Lime Twist 1/2 inch Finely Woven ribbon and Felt Bitty Bow added to the THANKS sentiment which I stamped with marker and cut using the framelit from Bunch of Banners. 




I love how Lemon Lime Twist pops on this Happy Birthday Gorgeous card using Dawn Griffith's design for the Fun Fold, the Framelits Z-fold Card.  

It has the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder as a top layer with the largest Label Framelits Die cut through both layers.  I used the Happy Birthday Framelit and Happy Birthday Gorgeous in a CASE of the catalog in which I just turned the Framelit on its side.  The new Berry Burst In Color really shines with it as well.



On the left Climbing Orchid card I used a plain Lemon Lime Twist Card stock background.  I love the brightlook and contrast with the white edges of the orchids. The card on the right has a technique background done with glossy Card stock with Lemon Lime Twist ink sponged onto the surface.  I think misted it twice (two pumps) with water and allowed it to dry. Then I was able to stamp and assemble the card. Easy Peasy.

I tried something different with the ribbon by simply using the Tear and Tape Adhesive to attach the Flirty Flamingo striped ribbon.  I scrunched it up a bit to hopefully, add interest.




All the lists of items used will post next week.



Now, we'll continue to Sarah's Ink Spot as she shows us just how pretty Powder Pink can be.




9 comments:

Shelley Z said...

Oh. My. Goodness! That second card is marvelous! Love them all though.

Betty said...

Each one is so pretty! I really thought the background on the first card was DSP- beautifully done!

Mickey Roberts said...

Three great projects, Rhonda! I love the monochromatic card. I definitely have to try the z-fold card. Looks like fun!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Gorgeous cards-- that Z fold flip one is my favorite, as I love the combination of colors and paper...but that monocrhromatic one is just as cool.

Staci said...

I am inspired by the little accent details and color combos you've done here. I will totally try rippling my ribbon that way!

Yapha said...

Oh wow, Rhonda! Great projects! I really love that second card -- it's amazing!!

Twila said...

I love your cards! This is one of my new in color favorites. That second card has me very intrigued! I've never seen that done before. Great job!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow Rhonda! These are wonderful! I can't even pick a favorite :)The fancy fold looks fun, the orchids are lovely, and you made great use of the DSP in the first one :)

Anonymous said...

Rhonda I LOVE this fun bold color on your cards - stunning - the fancy fold is amazing and the orchids are well, beautiful - fab work :-) Sarah