Friday, May 13, 2016

Zoo Babies 2016 Stampin' Addicts' Stampin' Up! Retiring Stamp Sets Blog Hop




Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts' Stampin' Up! 2016 Retiring Stamp Sets Blog Hop.  Hopefully, we'll help you see some new projects with these favorites of ours. Should you get lost or want to chat about the hop, here is a link to the chat thread on the Stampin' Addicts website: Chat Thread


If you are hopping in order, you've arrived after seeing Tanya's adorably sweet nautical designs with the Sea Street set on her Tinkerin' in Ink with Tanya Blog


I chose to use the Zoo Babies Set because I think it is adorable for kid birthdays as well as baby cards.  I will miss this set as well as the scalloped circle punches and....and... :) 

I decided to mix it up and make a card for our friends who are going to Disney. I am going to ask the mom to give it to the kids on their Animal Kingdom day and put a little something inside it as a gift for them.  I used the World Map background to add Africa as a base for the little Lion. The new punches are a different look with the sentiment from a new set as well.


I also made this little Alligator card for my husband. I think it makes a fun Anniversary card when used with the Happy Heart textured embossing folder.  The pink also adds a bit more "love" to the heart on the alligator.

Finally, I used the stamps for their intended purpose...a baby card!  I also used MOJO447, the MOJO Monday Sketch challenge as well as googlie eyes for a silly/fun look.  I'm going to miss the Itty Bitty Banners, but I bet the new dies and punches will be just as useful in no time for me.


Now it is time to travel to Mickey's Paper Conversation Blog for the Choose Happiness set.  Mickey's projects are so beautifully detailed; I know you'll love them!




7 comments:

Yapha said...

Such sweet cards, Rhonda! I love this set and especially that alligator. I love the card you made with him!!

Tanya Boser said...

What a great way to use the World Map BG on the lion card!! Sweetness abounds :)

Betty said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the multicolored map image and the little 3D elephant ear is an adorable addition.

Mickey Roberts said...

Rhonda your projects are just adorable! Love the idea of presenting the lion card to the kids on their Animal Kingdom day.

Twila said...

Love your cards, and what a wonderful card and gift the first one is. They will love it.

Marisa said...

Those little critters are adorable. Great use of the sektch! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

Totally cute cards! I know I'm not suppose to be excited about the new stuff on this hop, but I love the banner punch!!