Friday, January 16, 2015

Stampin' Addicts 2015 Occasions Catalog Blog Hop



Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts 2015 Occasions Catalog Blog Hop! Join us as we trip the light fantastic through our very favorites of the many catalog offerings....Should you get lost or want to chat about the hop, here is the Chat Thread on Stampin' Addicts.

You've probably just arrived from Holly's Rubber Redneck blog where she highlighted the adorable Hooray It's Your Day set.

I'm using the Painted Petals set....There are so many great possibilities for these stamps!

First, I used the set with this week's MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge, MOJO380. I've always used Pacific Point with Old Olive for floral cards, but I like the Wild Wasabi...It really brightens up the card.  I used the "back" of the tulip print in the Painted Blooms designer series paper (the Wild Wasabi and Whisper White stripe) as well as the Pacific Point floral.  There are so many lovely designs in this paper pack! 

It is difficult for me to resist adding dimension to flowers, so I cut out a couple of extra layers of petals for the images which were stamped in Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise.


Next, the Spring Flowers Textured Impressions Embossing Folder provides lovely coordination with this set.  I love that we have the Pink Pirouette Blendabilities now too....Light Pink Bling? Yes, please.  I used Melon Mambo on the edges of the Petals and on the sentiment to make it darker...easy, but necessary imo. :)


Finally, I just made a quick tulip 3X3 card....I can't remember the last time I made a card of any size (even inchies from a few years ago) this simple, but I like it. It is Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz, but I'm afraid it looks different as pictured.





Now it is time to continue to Kim's Stitchin' n Stampin' on Paper blog and see her lovely designs with the super cute and versatile, Butterfly Basics set. Thanks for hopping with us today!







11 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful projects, Rhonda! This set makes such nice flowers, and it fits your style perfectly!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards, Rhonda! I love those Pacific Point flowers!

cicicara said...

Hi, Rhonda. I started here and went all around the blog hop. What fun! I really love the blue and turquoise card!
Leslie Parks

Tanya Boser said...

I love all the pretty flowers, Rhonda! Your little 3x3 is pretty awesome by the way :)

Paper Art Garden said...

All of the cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your tips with us. Love how you added depth to the flowers. Love them all, but I am so very fond of pink.

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I love the Birthday Card. Super Projects.

Twila said...

Beautiful cards, Rhonda. The first one is my favorite. Well done.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love them all they are beautiful. I like the tips you share too thanks!

Kim said...

Lovely cards Rhonda! Very elegant and they really show off the stamp images.

Marla said...

That Spring Flowers EF is just lovely! Very pretty cards!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful cards! So lovely. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday.