Friday, October 10, 2014

Stampin' Addicts Winter Holiday Blog Hop - Get Your Santa On





Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Winter Holiday Blog Hop!  We have several projects to show you, so I hope you'll visit us all.  Should you get lost or want to chat about the hope, visit The Winter Holiday Blog Hop chat thread on Stampin' Addicts. If you're traveling in order, you've just seen Tanya's visions of Santa Creations.  That's quite a set, isn't it?  I especially love the card with the moose in pajamas colored on Mossy Meadow cardstock.  Creative use of the sentiment (on the inside) and gorgeous contrast make an super adorable card!

First, I have this adaptation of Brent Steele's 2008 Convention project in which he made the arms of the Under the Stars bear raise and lower...This little guy is similar, but on a smaller scale....I used the online tutorial by Dawn Olchefske because I guess my convention notes weren't as thorough as hers were. :)  Perhaps it would have been better had I not used Gold Encore Ink on the embossed stars?  The sparkly goldness doesn't show up in my photograph at all.  Oh well....He is off to sit at my mom's house because she doesn't ever throw away my cards. :)  If I kept it, I'd just sit around playing with it all day. :)


Next is this old school clear glass and plastic transparency ornament.  Now we can use our Blendabilities to color on the back side of the image after stamping in StazOn ink.  I used the darkest Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities, but I think it matches the Real Red ribbon best since it is on the transparency. I added a few tiny stars (from the star border punch) to the bottom of the ornament, and I may go back and add stars to each side (to cover) of the blank space on the transparency....I bet that would be cute.


For this week's MOJO Monday sketch ( MOJO366 ) I used the Chimney image with a patchwork of the Trim the Tree designer series paper stack. The silver stampin' dazzle marker worked well for the candlesticks too. The button is layered with a sequin from the Frosted Sequins with a Rhinestone bling on top to hide the hole.

I used real red for Santa's suit to contrast with the rest of the card and add interest, and I decided I really like it that way.



Now, it is time to see lovely Partridge & Pears creations on Mary's blog, Scrap and Stamp with Mary... I love her vibrant colors and that ornament with the star around it--amazing!




12 comments:

Kathy said...

Love your work! Especially the Santa Ornament. I may have to clean out my craft room....

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

I think your stars are great even though you may not see them shine in the photo they do stand out great. I love the ornament. Great job.

Yapha said...

That first card is super cute! What a great idea!! All of these are fantastic.

Kim said...

the Santa is so cute in the ornament!

Jen Timko said...

Such fun uses of this set! I just love this Santa and in the ornament he is the star of the show! Great projects!

Tanya Boser said...

Wow, so many great ideas here! Love the little waving Santa and that ornament is gorgeous! The last card is beautiful also, great choices of patterned papers :)

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute projects! I love that Santa is interactively holding up the garland.

Paper Art Garden said...

All of the projects are wonderful. The one with the arms that move is so cute. The other Santas are adorable. Love "Chimney Delivery"!

Cindy said...

I remember that bear! How clever to use the idea for your Santa (and send it to your mom so you don't play with it all day, lol). The Santa in the ornament is awesome. I think there's a trip to M's in my near future. ;)

Betty said...

C-U-T-E!! Such a fun idea to make this in to an interactive card. I have not used Blendabilities on transparencies yet- that is a great idea!

Lesley Lendon said...

LOVE the moving Santa. Sadly I we didn't have SU in the UK back in 2008 so I didn't get to see Brent Steeles presentation, is there a tutorial for this? Super projects on here. TFS!
Lesley

Twila said...

FUN projects. I remember that dancing bear card from convention. Your santa card is a super fun version. Love your ornament too. Great job.