Friday, August 17, 2012

Stampin' Addicts 2012 Holiday Blog Hop



Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts 2012 Holiday Blog Hop....Join us as we meander through our favorite sets in this huge supplemental catalog!  Should you get lost along your way or if you'd like to chat, you can jump in on this thread on Stampin' Addicts.  If you're following in order, you've seen lovely creations with the Joyous Celebrations set on Sharon's Created by You blog.
I chose the Watercolor Winter stamp set (page 14 of the Holiday Catalog) because I haven't worked with a two step stampin' set much lately. I hope I can show you at least a few of the great things you can do with this elegant rendering!
Stamping was made easier because I mounted the 2 step stamps so that they were lined up with the StampAMaJig.  This way I did not use an image sheet...I merely placed the SAMJ around the first stamp block after I stamped it and used the SAMJ to place the second stamp in the same position as the first for stamping. My SAMJ may have slipped a tiny bit at times, but I like the look I have.

I just markered the stamps, stamped them twice and then embossed using the Poinsettia embossing folder, Petals a Plenty.  I 2-Step Stamped the Poinsettia, and then I cut it out and added the gold pen and Dazzling Details glitter glue to the center dots...The lovely sentiment is from the Greetings of the Season Stamp Set found on page 8 of the Holiday Catalog.  I colored the SU! rhinestone bling with a Green Sharpie for each corner. (The earliest post I could find was by Mary Fish.)

Next, I think this simple card is perfect for a man's birthday...A change of sentiment and an extra layer of red would make it the perfect Christmas card of course!  The white core Core-dinations Early Espresso cardstock embossed and sanded with the Woodgrain embossing folder give it an outdoorsy feel.  I went Old School and rolled up one corner and sponged the main image and sentiment from the Family Reunion set.

Then, this pearl-bedecked blast of color allowed me to use the Labels Collection framelits and the Argyle embossing folder with Real Red and Always Artichoke.  I only stamped the sketch layer after inking in Real Red and Always Artichoke rather than adding the filler stamp on this one. Then I colored it with a Real Read marker (layered over with Crystal Effects) and Old Olive marker. The Peace on Earth Sentiment is from the Greetings of the Season set.
Finally, this tissue-stamped vanilla candle...I like having a candle option at Christmas gift class, and this set is perfect for an all over design.  I'll probably do a little bit of tweaking to the layout of the images before class, but this one does look better irl. The Holly is Always Artichoke and the Pine is Garden Green-they look the same to me in the picture. The Merry Christmas from the Greetings of the Season set made a nice focal point heat embossed with Gold.

Now, I hope you'll enjoy Sara's cutie pie creations with the Scentsational Season stamp set on her Lily's Ink Pad blog.




Pin It

17 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

OK, I am lovin' the pine bough card!!! The other to are wonderful also, but the pine bough card is my FAV! Thank you Rhonda!
PS, I have one of the first cards and that picture just does not do it justice :)

Mickey Roberts said...

Love all your projects, Rhonda, but the candle is stunning!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous projects! I love the masculine birthday card, and that candle is absolutely stunning!!

Paula said...

Love the Masculine card too (pinned it). :) And the candle is gorgeous as everyone has pointed out too. (Actually, I love them all).

Debra Burgin said...

Your pine cone card is right up my alley, but I am intrigued by the candle. I haven't done that for my stamper FOREVER, but you've made me think about it again. Beautiful!

sue said...

Love the pine cone card. It's amazing how that woodgrain background lends itself to different looks. Well done!

Betty said...

I love all your textures! I never think to both stamp and dry emboss sections-- will have to so that:)

Katherine said...

These are all really great projects. The candle is beautiful and I think my favorite was the first card. It looks so cheerful in those bright holiday colors!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Absolutely beautiful projects Rhonda! I think the candle is my very favorite, but they are all gorgeous!

Heidi Baks said...

I love your mounting idea for 2-step stamping! My fav project is the masculine evergreen bough - very nice!!

Sarah said...

The NOEL card looks so 50s retro....love it!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

The candle is just beautiful! I am loving the looks of the Core'dinations card stock too!

Donna Ellis said...

Rhonda, such a beautiful card and projects! Love what you have done with the details in every way.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Fabulous! The candle is striking and the male card perfect! Lovely!

Jen Timko said...

Rhonda, these are lovely. That candle is a stunner!

Cindy said...

All your projects are lovely, but that masculine card is amazing (and now pinned) and the candle is especially gorgeous. I'm going to try that technique again - maybe it will work for me this time, lol.

Kim said...

Love all these Rhonda. I'll have to case the candle, so pretty!