Monday, July 23, 2012

Kathryn's Birthday Pleasant Poppies card


My friend Kathryn enjoys Georgia O'Keefe, so I tried to give her birthday card a slight nod that direction. I used the marker to stamp technique and then watercolored with a blender pen using Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red. I love that the Pleasant Poppies background can be used as a background or for the entire card, or you can only ink up a portion and use it as a different image as I've done here.  We are sorely lacking on Real Red and Old Olive Ribbon that dosen't have white on it this year, so I flipped the Old Olive polka dot ribbon over and pulled the "stitch" out of the Real Red stitched grosgrain ribbon so that it would look okay with my Vanilla colored card.  The background is the new Lacey Brocade from the Holiday Catalog.

Pin It

2 comments:

KilkennyVFX said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Your coloring is stunning and I love the color combo and that embossing folder. I hadn't noticed it in the Holiday Catalog, so I'm so happy that your featured it!

canadianseoagency.ca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.