Friday, January 28, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop 2011


Welcome Stamping Friends to the Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop! 

This is the first stop on our trip, but you may have arrived from Cheryl's Blog, Love to Stamp and Scrap, where you enjoyed her lovely creations with Thank You Kindly. Should you get lost or want to chat about the blog hop, visit the Blog Hop Chat Thread on Stampin' Addicts for a list of all the participating blogs in order.

I really enjoy the So Happy for You Sale-A-Bration set...Five great sentiments plus 5 adorable mini stamps that make for an easy quick card! This set is a good one to have on hand, for making a variety set of cards to give as a gift or for creating a card kit of stamped cards and separate sentiment labels that can be added when the occasion arises.  The red card sketch is Paula's Stampin' Addicts Sketch Challenge #60.
The Emboss Resist Masking card below uses each image in light colors that are perfect for a spring birthday...Using a different color circle sponging on each image makes them really pop.  This card is my sample for both this week's Fun Fold Technique on Stampin' Addicts and for next week's Technique challenge to use both Emboss Resist and Masking in some way.  Stop by and check out any of the challenges!
It doesn't have to be about the sentiments though....sometimes it's all about the bling!  Contrary to the vintage chic design usually applied for the petal cones, I added random large and medium rhinestones (with Mono Multi glue for a secure hold) as well as small rhinestones in the center of each stamped flower and on the butterfly for a sparkly modern look. The Petal Cone is a perfect box for a gift of earrings or trinkets, and this set of colors would be adorable in a girl's room.

Finally, this set is great when its sentiments are combined with other sets such as the baby sleeper from the A Slice of Life Hostess Level 1 set in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I used the Mojo Monday Sketch 175 ( MOJO175 ) for this card, and I enjoy the substitution of a safety pin for the hatpin and addition of the mini button brads at the bottom right. Adding a couple of embossed texture layers made this card quick yet interesting.

Now click on over to stop number two, Jennifer's Sunflower Stamper blog for a look at her pretty and fun ideas for the Punch Bunch Sale-A-Bration set!  I hope you enjoy the hop!


  

33 comments:

Lisa Marie Naples said...

Cute projects Rhonda.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh I love that baby card with all the texture, and that darling little safety pin!

MaryJo said...

what great projects! I just love the baby card and the petal cone sure does have "bling"!!! Thanks for sharing - great job!!

Betty said...

The ribbon hanger for the cone it a GREAT idea!!

Tanya Boser said...

That is some serious bling on the petal cone, lol! Fun stuff all the way around :)

KilkennyVFX said...

I love the petal cone with all the bling on it. Beautiful!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love the soft colors and the versatility you showed with this set. That baby card is too too cute!

Amy said...

I adore that petal cone die, and I have one of those gorgeous birthday cards! Great job, Rhonda!

lisa808 said...

Your Pete Cone is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great projects Rhonda. The petal cone box is my favorite, but I have to borrow the layout from the baby card.

Yapha said...

The emboss resist with the circles is so clever! What a great way to highlight small images!

Cindy said...

I love the way each technique highlights the little images, from the emboss resist to the rhinestone centers on the flowers. That baby card is REALLY sweet!

Penny said...

Nice projects - the baby card is adorable and I am just going to "have to" buy the die!

Jen Timko said...

Fantastic projects! Love, love the onesie card!

Anonymous said...

I like them all but that petal cone is just the cutest thing!

Anonymous said...

Super Cute cards!!!! Keep them coming.

Ultraviolet

Anonymous said...

Your cards are all so cute, love them.
Kate

Carmen said...

Rhonda fabulous job!! The baby card is the cutest but love how you used the small images!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Those are all adorable Rhonda! Love all the bling. Hadn't paid much attn to this set til now.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great job Rhonda!! Very versatile set and you gave us lots of options!!

Kim said...

I love all the techniques you used. What a great way to show off this set. The emboss resist card is gorgeous in real life. The photo doesn't do it justice. I know, I have on here on my desk that I got for my birthday!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous job Rhonda!! Love all the bling on your petal cone. My fave is the little baby card. So cute.

Twila said...

Great job Rhonda, I was going to say the cone was my favorite until I saw that baby card. TOo cute!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Lovely job Rhonda! My fa is the petal cone with all the bling and images. Very fun! Got me picturing this as a mini lamp done in Vellum with a very low watt bulb inside...not sure if its doable but might have to try it.

Susie said...

Cool. Being new to paper crafts I love seeing what others create. So pretty,
Susie
susies@twcny.rr.com

Susan said...

GREAT cards. love the colors you used :)
Susan

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love how you used this set! The petal cone is awesome!

Heidi Baks said...

Great sentiment set! Love the shooting stars! I know a girl who would love a blingy petal cone box!

Gail said...

Great projects. I think I have to put 'So Happy For You' on my list!

Melissa said...

Your projects are adorable, Rhonda!

Sarah said...

Oh Rhonda - beautiful and adorable - that petal cone is just stunning :-)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful and adorable!! Love the baby card way too cute!

Barbara Welch said...

Very cute projects using this SAB set. Thanks for sharing.