Saturday, December 19, 2009

Joseph's Coat Inside Out


This is the last card for my January Faux Fabrics Technique Class.  (To see the other cards click on my Projects Blog.) The technique is Janine Tinklenberg's Joseph's Coat Inside Out and uses the new Vintage Vogue stamp set and Very Vintage wheel. The butterfly that I highlighted (by stamping a small flower over it so that it wouldn't be covered) is on a part of the wheel that is just not shown in the Occasions mini.

I think my local customers will really enjoy this free-style technique.  For Janine's complete tutorial click here: http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2007/09/josephs-coat-in.html

For my example, I rolled the wheel in Rich Razzleberry at the bottom of the card. I then rolled it randomly at the top in several directions without re-inking so that it would be fainter. I then splotched Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue on with a sponge.  Next I Versamark stamped the flowers and vine images, applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed.  My final step, brayering, is only done using Rich Razzleberry and Brocade Blue. The lighter colors were achieved as the color became less dense on the brayer.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty...will have to give this technique a try!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Gorgeous. I love this technique!