Friday, June 29, 2018

My Inky Friends Design Challenge Sketch MIFDC7 Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature



Design Challenge #7 was inspired by page 48 of the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog.  I think it is a fun way to use designer series paper for the designer series paper sale in July too, so I may have to make another card!

Please try the sketch, and if you do, post it here: http://myinkyfriends.blogspot.com/ to enter the contest!


For this card I wanted to try a masculine and cozy feel, so I used the Rooted in Nature set with the Wood Textures 6" X 6" Designer Series Paper and the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The Metallic Ribbon combo pack has a Shaded Spruce ribbon that I think adds a different texture.  I also used all the Stampin' Up! browns: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake.

I used the ink to Textured Impressions Embossing Folder technique to highlight the Woodland folder and create texture and interest merely by putting the Soft Suede inkpad directly onto the folder and running it through the Big Shot. I cleaned the embossing folder immediately with first a dry paper towel and then soap and water. 


Product List

2 comments:

Kris Kilkenny said...

This is a great masculine card! I Love all the woodsy layers. My Dad would enjoy a card like this. I'm so glad they carried over the Wood Textures DSP. I can't get enough of it.

Stamp with Shar said...

What an awesome masculine card! I love all the wood layers and that embossing you did is just perfect for the card :-)