Monday, June 27, 2016

Two America cards for July

I believe the first horizontal easel card below, the Swirly Birds vine as a flag card, was first made by Kim Jolley, but if you are the originator, please comment, and I will change it.  It is a wonderful idea!

Of course I made changes from the ones I saw on Pinterest. I added the Soft Sky behind the impressionistic flag and made it have more of a waving-type look. I used the "Thank You" sentiment and banner from the set and punched with the matching duet punch. I'll send this to my friend's husband who is in the Oklahoma National Guard after class is over next Thursday (though it will be late for the 4th this year).



The sailboat card has an ocean that is "white with foam" and a Happy Birthday sentiment which can be changed of course.  I was tempted to draw some seagulls in the sky, but I was afraid I'd mess up the card. :)


1 comment:

Kim Jolley said...

I love your flag card! As far as I know, I was the originator of using those dies to make the flag. Thanks for mentioning my name.