Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fun Fold Technique Challenge on Stampin' Addicts

Lots of excitement with the Demonstrator Preorder, Retiring Stamp Set List and Retiring Accessories List! I am losing a ton of ribbon :(, but the show must go one...:)

Today's Fun Fold is really easy and was inspired by this week's MOJO Monday sketch MOJO193. I actually thought at first that this card style was the sketch, but it wasn't. I decided it should have been so I made it the Fun Fold Challenge on Stampin' Addicts. I used Blushing Bridge and a piece of the Hostess Level 1 dsp set as well as the bouquet from the On the Grow set in the Summer Mini Catalog.


1. Cut your cardstock into a 6 inch square.

2. Turn the card on its point ends and score each side at 2-1/8 inches top to bottom. Be sure to keep the top and bottom point and left and right points straight as you score. Repeat for each side.

3. Carefully fold the corners to the center making a nice center in which the points meet up. (Use the bone folder to get them just so. Have patience.)

4. Cut your dsp into a square that is 3-7/8 inches. It would seem like 4 inch would be it since the finished card is 4-1/4 square, but since there is a middle edge you want it either 3-7/8 or 3-3/4 inches square.


5. Wrap ribbon around the card and attach it to your matching base (ONLY-Nothing is adhered to the card base except the dsp). The base cardstock layer in my example is 2-3/4 square. This base allows you slide the image, sentiment and ribbon off so that the card may be opened for writing inside. My image layer is 2-1/2 square.


6. Attach your image layer and sentiment layer and voila'.



1 comment:

bristowmom said...

Beautiful card! I love the Mojo sketch, but I love it with your folded card idea even more!