Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Selective Baby Wipe Inkpad

First, I put a piece of transparency on top of the stamp, right side up.

Next, I put drops of reinker (I used some Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue in addition to Perfect Plum.) only on spots that have flowers on the stamp.

In the same way, I added some Old Olive randomly around the stamp to add highlights. (no photo)

Then, I placed the acetate VERY gently (don't tip or shake) into the bottom of a clam shell box. (I cut off the lid of an old box to use for this so that it isn't at all top heavy or in the way.)

 Next, add Baby Wipes on top of the inked transparency sheet. I added a little more ink on top of each spot afterwards but not too much.


Then, I inked the stamp really well with the River Rock inkpad.
Next, I removed some of the ink from the flowers with a Q-Tip, and pressed the stamp onto the baby wipe inkpad carefully lining up the top, bottom and flowers by sight.  Don't press too hard or too long or all of your River Rock ink will absorb into the baby wipes.

Finally, I stamped the image onto cardstock. This will be a watery, hazey image, so be prepared if you try it.



No comments: