Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Asian Inspired Thinking of You

The new level one hostess set, A Slice of Life, in the Occasions mini catalog is quite a useful one!  I enjoyed the baby onesie on a card a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed working with the dogwood blossoms today.  I used the square lattice embossing folder to create a nice texture on the Early Espresso cardstock layer, and I think this card's color scheme contributes to the simple modern look too. When coloring the blossoms, I used the tiny end of the Blushing Bride marker to quickly make a loop of color so that there is still some white on the petals.  I enjoy the knots in the hemp twine too.


1 comment:

Maggie S. said...

Hi Rhonda, was looking for a buckle card and happened to get on your site and checked our your current blog as well. For this card, I thought I'd pass on a suggestion - I used one of the ornament stamps and cut off the bottom and used as the base for the vase on a card I recently did. Or you can use the punch as well.