Monday, November 1, 2010

Embossing on Embossing

For the technique challenge on Stampin' Addicts here: http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/technique-challenges/6461-technique-challenge-74-11-2-10-embossing-embossing.html

Heat Embossing on top of Dry Embossing isn't new in the strict sense, but it is something we can do much easier now with the SU! embossing folders.


The system that worked best for me:
1. Emboss your cardstock using a Big Shot Embossing Folder.
2. Apply craft or other embossing ink to the raised surface. White Craft and a Q-tip worked best for me on these snowflakes. It really allowed me to keep the craft ink only on the raised portion of the image. (I used a sponge dauber to apply White Craft ink to the spider web folder a month or so ago.)
3. Huff on your Craft ink to be sure it is uniformly moist.
4. Apply embossing powder (I used Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder). Shake off excess.
5. Heat emboss.
6. Finish your card.

No comments: