Monday, October 5, 2009

OT (Off Topic) This week's menu plan...and Recipe Monday

I am so happy to have created a 6 week menu plan that I thought I'd share about it occasionally on my blog. I have a full 6 weeks worth of plans, but occasionally we do go out to eat even when it isn't scheduled (bad me!), so in my 3rd week, we still haven't followed one of my original weeks exactly. Maybe you already do this, but perhaps seeing my list will remind you of a favorite recipe you haven't had for a while?

What does that have to do with stamping, you ask? Well, in the past I've spent time on the phone with my husband asking what sounds good (oh, you had Mexican for lunch-scratch that), I've had to change gears when I find that I don't have an ingredient I need for dinner, and I've often suggested we go out or have fast food when I just can't think of anything to make. Now, I post the plan and be sure I have every ingredient 2 weeks in advance. All the previously wasted time can now be spent.....Stamping, of course!

Each Monday for the next 6 weeks, I will post my meal plan for the week. Then, I will post the remaining meals our family likes but just didn't eat during that time. After that, Monday will be Recipe Monday on my blog with favorite actual recipes and stamping recipes. Hopefully, this will "spice up" the information you can find on my blog. (For example, a stamping recipe might be a favorite color combination, set, embellishment, technique, sketch/layout, etc.) (This week's Stampin' Recipe will be posted tomorrow.)

Here's this week's menu:

Monday: Chicken Pot Pie (actually dumplings made with Bisquik, but I don't follow a recipe-I use a potato, some sliced baby carrots, onion and pan browned chicken) I made enough for another meal (minus dumplings) and put it in the freezer. (Sara's bowl shown below.)

Tuesday: Homemade Chili (McCormick packet) (frito pie for the girls)
Wednesday: Oven Chicken (ocean bites) for the girls & coconut shrimp baked in the oven for us(Wednesday is slacker night-(dance for one and gymnastics for the other) so it is always something easy)
Thursday: Hot Dogs with l/o chili (coneys-I wouldn't have planned this easy thing right after Wednesday, but there will be leftover chili, so we might as well use it.)
Friday: Grilled Teriyaki steak and veggie kabobs (Zucchini-1-inch chunks, Onion-large pieces, Orange green pepper, pineapple-not in the marinade) I use Soy Vay brand Island Teriyaki bottled marinade and add 1/4 cup or so of Brown Sugar and some pineapple juice and marinate overnight.
Saturday: Eskimo Joe's for lunch-driving to Stillwater
Sat night: carry out pizza
Sunday: Ritz Cracker Chicken-bone in chicken dipped in melted butter substitute (with black pepper) and covered in smashed Ritz Crackers.
Sun night: Leftover pizza

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

This sounds like a great idea. I know in my house we tend to have the same few things over and over, so I may steal your idea :) Tell Joe and Buffy that I said hi when you see them on Saturday!