Friday, August 28, 2009

Halloween Week Day 5

For today's Halloween post, I CASE'd this beautiful card by Holly Krautkremer/catrules on Stampin' Addicts. I think the brocade background image is so similar to the spooky one in From the Crypt that it just lends itself to tweaking :). I used the spider as the "stamped off"/more subdued image in the background where Holly had used the Brocade background. Stamping off is nice because it achieves a lighter saturation when using Versamark. You can of course use it with colors as well such as in generational or shadow stamping.

A few words about CASEing..... (copy and steal everything) If you're stuck for an idea, using something about another's card can be a great Mojo magnifier. :) Sometimes the color or layout can be just the thing to get your mind going in a totally different direction. This card is SO close to the original that it is almost an exact CASE, though an exact CASE would just be a copy. A CASE like this one shows that often just changing the stamp set on a card you have in your possession will make it easy for you to create a fun card quickly. When uploading your CASE'd card online, a shout out to the creator and a link to the creator's blog or online gallery is polite and recommended.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow at noon to travel the Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini blog hop!


1 comment:

KilkennyVFX said...

I really liked what you said about CASEing. I was thinking it was really nice how you worded it and you used an example of somethng you CASE'd and credited the source. Then I was uploading another pic of an idea that I got from you and realized, "OH MY GOSH!" I totally CASE'd Rhonda's Medallion tea bag holder and didn't credit her. I'm so sorry! So, you have been credited and I added a link to your blog. Thanks for the great ideas! I hope one day to be as creative as you are.