Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Glittered Stained Glass

I taught this technique last Saturday at my Hostess Appreciation Brunch....It was a fun technique that I hope they will enjoy on their own as well.

I've seen this technique from several different sources and wrote instructions in the Technique Challenge thread for it on Stampin' Addicts, but the tutorial I found was by Julie Buhler.

I varied from Julie's tutorial slightly because the Crystal Effects dry pretty quickly so it is necessary to go a bit over the edge of the StazOn layer to ensure good coverage.
The card shown below shows a slightly stepped up and extra blingy version. Placing Whisper White cardstock behind the image after covering the remaining acetate with Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter camouflages any streakiness or missed spots really well.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The extra blingy version is amazing!

Barbara Jean Smith said...

WoW!! This is just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful! Love the sparklies!